SCSWF: CSU FY15 Salary Equity Study
We intend to provide individual salary data information each year after the salary equity studies are completed.
The charts from the FY15 Individual Salary Equity Study (2014-15) that was ultimately used in the salary exercise process this year are available online by selecting the “Salary by Department” link on the faculty page of the IR site. A CSU login is required.
The Individual Salary Equity Study has been conducted on an annual basis since 1987-88. It includes only two variables (time since degree and base salary). While it does not entirely explain salary variance, it can be a useful tool for helping to understanding equity. Departmental scatterplots display 9-month salary (Y-axis) as it relates to years since terminal degree (X-axis). The regression line can be interpreted as an average salary within each department given these two variables. The regression line should not be interpreted as providing target salaries as it only explains a portion of salary variance. In addition to the regression line, two dotted lines represent ±10 percent of the expected average salary at the minimum value on the X-axis increasing to plus or minus 15 percent at the maximum value.
Employee records were selected if they met the following criteria:
- Employed as of September 30, 2014
- Employed with one of the following job titles:
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Employed with an employment category of regular (tenure-track faculty)
- Employed with an academic home department or a home department of 1019 (library)
Employee records were excluded if they met the following criteria:
- Faculty on transitional appointments
- Faculty who were employed in a non-academic department (except for library faculty)
- Department heads
- Directors of major centers
- Faculty on leave without pay
Every effort is made to ensure data accuracy. However, please contact the Office of Institutional Research (491-7009) if you believe you notice an error.