Committee Composition: The Standing Committee shall consist of 18 members, including a chair, one representative from each academic college and the Libraries, one non-tenure track faculty, and eight at-large seats.
- The expectation is that at least one representative from each college will be a woman.
- The expectation is that at least two committee members will be men.
- At least two committee members will be representative of senior faculty.
- At least two committee members will be representatives of junior faculty.
Eligibility: Membership applicants must provide a complete application and have (1) faculty status and (2) knowledge and experience of women faculty issues.
Terms: All members shall serve staggered three-year terms and are eligible twice for reappointment. Renewal applications will be reviewed by the SCSWF. If interested in more than two terms, the member will need to reapply as a new applicant.
Membership Recruitment: The goal of membership within the SCSWF is to have equitable representation from faculty across campus. To this end, the SCSWF will broadly advertise membership openings and seek self-nominations, as well as nominations from colleges and current committee members.
Membership Selection: Preliminary selection of regular members will be conducted by SCSWF members with final approval and appointment by the University President. Members are invited to serve by the University President and the Chair of the President’s Commission on Women and Gender Equity.
- All members have voting rights except for at-large members.
- All issues voted on shall be decided by a simple majority of those present at the meeting in which the vote takes place.
- Electronic voting is acceptable when needed.