The Standing Committee on the Status of Women Faculty (SCSWF) does not have any vacant positions at this time. As positions become available, specific details will be posted and a call for applications will be circulated.
SCSWF members are appointed for three year terms, renewable up to two times by a vote of the SCSWF.
The SCSWF is a work intensive committee with the meetings held every other week for 1.5 hours during the academic year (August-May).
Additional meetings are held by subgroups, which are coordinated by the participants of each smaller working group. All interested persons should plan on dedicating at least 10-15 hours a month to SCSWF meetings and work.
The majority of SCSWF are faculty members that represent colleges and departments throughout the university. College representatives should feel comfortable working with the constituents they represent to bring issues, ideas and recommendations to the SCSWF.
- If applying for a college representative position you must be a regular faculty member
- Have knowledge of women faculty issues and concerns
- Have experience working on women’s issues
- Be able to meet and fulfill the appointment requirements
- Be able to attend all meetings
Complete the application form and address the following questions (limited to ONE page):
- How do you meet the qualifications?
- What else do you feel the SCSWF Should know about you when considering your application?
- Be sure to include the following:
- Your name, department, and job title
- List of committees that you currently serve on
- Contact information for 2-3 references who might be contacted
Selection Process: All applications will be reviewed by the current members of the SCSWF who will then recommend nominees to the President for approval and official appointment.
Before Applying: Before submitting an application , please read the About the Standing Committee on the Status of Women Faculty page. It’s highly suggested that you explore the Standing Committee’s website to familiarize yourself with the mission and goals of the Standing Committee and see where your strengths might complement the work.
Questions: Any questions about the SCSWF, application materials or application process can be directed to Katie Esquivel at firstname.lastname@example.org